New Mind-Body Services Free for Students
The new line-up of mind-body offerings at the Counseling and Testing Center have been designed to help you take good care of your mind, body and spirit. The program offers a variety of mindfulness-based practices and skills to enhance well being, decrease stress, relax, focus and settle a busy mind. Workshops are an opportunity to learn a bit more about how practicing mindfulness can be beneficial. Drop-in sessions are a friendly, informal oasis of calm to practice meditation, relaxation and mindful movement. Classes will integrate both of these models and provide a structured development of stress management, relaxation and focusing skills, while creating a space of community and peace.
~ Lineliz Vassallo, mind-body coordinator at the Counseling and Testing Center
New Mind-Body Workshops:
- Mindful Tools for Test Anxiety and Paper Procrastination: Learn mindfulness practices for relaxing the Mind-Body for peak performance.
- Focused Attention Training and Mindful Study Skills: Learn how to train your mind to stay on task, block out distractions and stay focused on your goals.
- Relaxation Tools and Mindful Movement: Learn practices that deepen relaxation, calm and clarity.
- Mindful Self-Compassion: Learn how to treat yourself more kindly with simple tools for responding in a warm, compassionate way whenever you are experiencing painful emotions.
- Rotating Workshop Series: Topics listed above also offered in the Multicultural Center.
New Drop-In Sessions (30 minutes):
- Concentration Meditation for Improved Focus: Take a break and improve your ability to concentrate. Practice tuning out internal and external distractions and letting go of worries. Your mind and body will thank you. Return to studying recharged, refocused and refreshed.
- Awareness Meditation and Relaxation: Come engage with mindfulness practices that increase present moment awareness and relax the mind and body. Return to your day with greater ease.
- Meditations for Happiness: Relieve stress, have fun. Meditations and activities to cultivate positive emotions. There are many different ways to manage and relieve stress. Make it a habit to prioritize your health, happiness and well-being.
For more information, contact Lineliz Vassallo, mind-body Coordinator at 404-413-1746 or by email.