The mission of Testing Services is to ensure that students are provided with equity of access to professional testing services that are delivered in a manner that reflects an optimum standardized testing environment and good customer service.
Testing Services supports testing for:
- applicants requiring ACCUPLACER placement tests for admission to Perimeter College at Georgia State University.
- proctored exams for online classes and ACCUPLACER placement and exit exams for Learning Support.
- exams that demonstrate prior learning, such as College Level Examination for Placement (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST).
- remote testing and proctored tests for other colleges.
Please note before testing: Students with documented disabilities who require special testing conditions should contact Disability Services.
Prospective students and guests will need a valid government issued photo identification. Currently enrolled students taking a test for Perimeter College, such as exit ACCUPLACER, final, make-up exam, etc., will be required to present their student ID.
Students are exempt from taking the Regents’ Test if they meet any of the following criteria:
- passed ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102 with a grade of “C” or better
- SAT-I Verbal scores of at least 510 or ACT Reading scores of at least 23
- AP English scores of at least 3
- IB higher level English scores of at least 4
- SAT-II English Writing scores of at least 650
- SAT I Writing scores of at least 560
- SAT Reasoning, Writing Section Test: 500 for students who also have at least 510 on the SAT Reasoning, Critical Reading Section.
- ACT Combined English and Writing test: 22 for students who also have at least 23 on the ACT Reading Test.
SAT and ACT Testing
Scores on the national SAT and ACT tests may exempt students from ACCUPLACER placement and Learning Support as well as the Regents’ Essay and/or Reading tests. The code for Perimeter College for the National SAT Reasoning Test and Subject Test is 5711. The code for Perimeter College for the National ACT Test is 0806.
- SAT Exemption Score: Mathematics is 400 and Critical Reading is 430.
- ACT Exemption Score: Mathematics is 17 and English is 17
- SAT and ACT Math for Dual Enrollment Students is 500 and 21.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Testing information, including scores, is not part of Directory Information, as set forth in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act