Life for Georgia State University students can be challenging and at times stressful as students try to balance academic, social and extracurricular responsibilities. Stress can affect mental and physical health, negatively impact relationships with friends and family and contribute to poor academic performance. Therefore, the ability to effectively manage stress is an important life skill for students to acquire as early as possible.
Everyone experiences stress at one point or another in their lifetime. It’s how someone handles the stress that matters. The Mind-Body Clinic is dedicated to providing information and a set of practical tools and strategies for coping and reducing the negative consequences of stress. Participants who visit the Mind-Body Clinic will:
- Practice relaxation techniques utilizing stress relief biofeedback
- Learn about Consciously Resting Meditation
- Participate in Mind-Body Wellness Workshops
- Unwind in the Relaxation Room
- Receive support and encouragement to engage in healthy lifestyle practices
Please explore the links listed above to access the stress relief programs.