The SAT is a three hour, primarily multiple choice, paper and pencil standardized test used for admission into undergraduate programs at Georgia State University. The SAT consists of the following:
- Critical Reading: Two 25 minute sections and one 20 minute section
- Mathematics: Two 25 minute sections and one 20 minute section. Calculator use permitted (refer to College Board SAT or registration bulletin for restrictions). Some questions do not include answer choices.
- Writing; One 25 minute section for a student-written essay and two multiple choice sections (25 minutes and 10 minutes)
- Additional Information; One 25 minute equating section of verbal, math or writing questions that does not count toward score
The SAT is offered seven times a year. For information on the test schedule and registering for a future test date, consult College Board SAT. Information is available for registering by the following methods:
- Online at College Board SAT (credit card is required).
- By using the registration folder, available in the Georgia State University Counseling and Testing Center, as well as at most local high schools.
- By calling 800-728-7267. An additional $10.00 fee will be applied (credit card required). Available only to candidates who are re-registering.
- Standby (see registration bulletin or College Board SAT for details).
Test candidates are strongly encouraged to review College Board SAT and registration bulletin for policies regarding scheduling and rescheduling, required identification on test day and calculator usage.