ACCUPLACER & Math Placement
ACCUPLACER is a test that provides information about students’ English, reading, and mathematics skills. Due to the fact that the need to test is determined by Admissions, candidates should wait until Admissions receives and reviews all application and transcript material before testing. Similarly, applicants and students must contact Admissions at 404-413-2500 for assistance.
As Georgia State University is currently closed to students and the public through the end of the semester, please be aware that we will be unable to test during this time. Please see Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information regarding the University and any changes that may take place.
TEAS update (03/19/2020) – Students should contact ATI customer care to reschedule their dates; please note that Georgia State University will not open back up to students and the public until the end of the semester.
ACCUPLACER, MATH PLACEMENT update (04/23/2020) – While the university is closed, students and applicants can take the exam virtually through Examity if they meet the requirements to do so. Examity is now taking appointments again. Applicants and students may request an Examity exam setup for them through our registration pages –
- Once you make the request, you will be added manually to an ACCUPLACER remote session. This does not happen automatically, but will be done in order of receipt of the request. You will also receive an email ‘receipt’ from the RegisterBlast registration system confirming that your request has been made.
- You will receive an email with a code, called a “Voucher Number” from the ACCUPLACER platform. This code is used to launch your exam.
- The ACCUPLACER email will include a link for Examity. You will need to set up and account with Examity to be able to make an appointment with them.
- Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support
- After testing, your scores will be posted to your record in 24-48 hours (with the exception of weekends), your next step would be to check the Admissions checklist or to reach out to your advisor
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
History & Constitution Exams update (04/01/2020) – In collaboration with the History and Political Science department, we offering a version of the exam that can be taken virtually. You may register for a section at our registration pages – Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus
All other On Campus Testing Update (03/19/2020) – We are unable to give other exams as things currently stand. We can reschedule exams once we have a re-opening date. More information to come.
Students who have ACCUPLACER scores from another school should check with Admissions to see whether or not they can use those scores.
Taking ACCUPLACER at Georgia State University is not the same for every campus. The information below is intended to direct applicants to Georgia State University to find the information for taking the ACCUPLACER exam. Note that exams taken on the Atlanta Campuses currently have a different process for taking the exam than the other campuses.
ACCUPLACER is available by appointment. To take the exam at one of these campuses, check our appointment page. Students unable to test at a Georgia State University campus should review the information on remote testing.
In order to take the ACCUPLACER exam, a student needs the following:
- A receipt showing the paid test fee of $20 (for one, two or three areas)
- A valid government issued photo identification
- Testing for admissions or placement out of learning support
Retesting is available. However, candidates cannot retest on the same day as the previous test.
Please note: The fee for admissions into Georgia State University's 4 year programs is currently $28.
The ACCUPLACER exam for GSU is not the Math Placement exam. While the Math Placement exam uses ACCUPLACER as a delivery platform, it is a different exam. It is true that Math placement is taken with any other ACCUPLACER testing, however the exam is only for specific students. As a result only students eligible to take at least MATH 1001 without any corequisite support course can take Math Placement. All others are taking ACCUPLACER for GSU. There is no charge for the first time taking a Math Placement exam, and retests for Perimeter College have a $20 fee. The Math Placement exam is offered at the same time as the ACCUPLACER walk-in hours.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Testing information, including scores, is not part of directory information, as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).