ACCUPLACER Remote Testing
Testing Services supports the admissions process for applicants by facilitating placement testing for online and distance students at testing sites nationwide.
Please note the following conditions:
- Remote testing is arranged for students 50 miles or more from a Georgia State University Perimeter College campuses. Testing Services will not arrange remote tests at other institutions within the 50 mile radius.
- Applicant and student exam candidates who test at locations other than at Georgia State University campuses will usually be charged a fee by the testing location. This is not controlled by Georgia State University, and the application of a fee or the amount of the fee is determined by the non-Georgia State University testing location. Candidates who are out of the country may have limited test sites available. Student should email the contacts below to see if any options are available.
- Remote testing can be set up through any of our campuses
Georgia State University Contacts
For questions about the remote testing procedures at Georgia State University, please contact a campus testing center via email.
- Alpharetta campus: currently unable to process remote requests.
- Clarkston campus: email@example.com
- Decatur campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dunwoody campus: email@example.com
- Newton campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students outside of the range of ACCUPLACER Remote Testing network
If no ACCUPLACER remote testing location exists nearby, candidates can contact a testing center in their area at a local college or university, or use the emails above to inquiry if other options exist.
- Familiar with accepted practices for administering standardized tests
- Has no vested interest in the student’s scores
- Is not related to the student
- Is employed by an academic institution, which can be verified, and can provide an official school email address
- Is willing and able to complete the College Board’s proctor certification and pass their certification exam.
- The proctor must verify that there is a computer available and make sure it meets the basic tech requirements for administering the tests. The easiest way to do this is to go to ACCUPLACER and click “System Requirements.”
If the test center personnel are willing to proctor an ACCUPLACER exam for the candidate, the candidate can reach out via the campus email addresses, providing contact information for the intended test proctor. This proctor must be testing personnel who is employed at a local college/university (which can be verified). Candidates are not allowed to take the placement tests without the supervision of an approved proctor. This ensures the integrity of the students’ test scores and the security of the ACCUPLACER tests.
The Testing Coordinator will notify candidates when exams have been set up. Please schedule the placement test only after this notification. When Scheduling a placement test session, allow for 4.5 hours for testing. Parts of the test are untimed.