Perimeter College test center location appointments:
Students, applicants and others need to make an appointment for ACCUPLACER testing (admissions testing, departmental math placement, public safety testing, etc).
Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
Testing update (03/17/2021):
On campus testing is available at all campus locations.
All registrations or requests should be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus. Exams are broken into groups and categories, please follow the appropriate exam groups to your exam to register.
Please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We are open as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus.
Regarding Virtual Exams:
- Requests for a virtual test voucher code to launch an exam can be made using the Campus registrations sites listed above, pick “Virtual exams (Online)” instead of “On Campus Exams”
- Please note that virtual appointment request are processed by hand. Requests are processed in the order they are received.
- For ACCUPLACER exams (admissions and Math Placement) proctored through Examity, candidates should check that they meet Examity’s requirements to test. Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services. Georgia State University has no control over this.
- Candidates requesting ACCUPLACER testing with Examity should receive one email immediately confirming the request was sent from the RegisterBlast platform. When the request is processed an email from ACCUPLACER with the voucher code used to make an appointment with Examity and to launch the proper exams.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus.
- For History & Constitution Exams – If you do not have the equipment to complete this exam at home, please email the campus to see about on-campus testing. Note standard proctoring fees will apply for on-campus testing.
There is a $20 fee for testing for entry or placement out of Learning Support for Georgia State University Perimeter College. Math placement is for students, admitted to Georgia State University who are eligible to take MATH 1001 with no corequisite support, to place into MATH 1111 or beyond. There is currently no fee assessed for the first test, but retests are $20. Students who are not testing for Georgia State University (P.O.S.T., testing for another institution, etc.) pay $50.
Note: Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Perimeter College testing centers do not accept test fees directly. Appointments should be made before paying fees through the online portal link, as some fees are processed at the time of your registration for your appointment. All other Fees should be paid online via our online fee portal. Please read the information and then click the “Testing Fees” box to enter the portal. You will see the current fees displayed at the top of this second page. To choose your which exam you have made an appointment for, and thus pay the relevant fees, scroll down and click “Add to Cart”. You would only need to change the amount if you are taking multiples of the same test (say two CLEP exams). Continue by providing the information asked for. For a quick overview of using the portal, please review “How to use the Testing Fee Portal”.
Examinees unable to pay their fees online should contact the campus before making appointment to see if alternatives are available.
How to use the Online Registration system
To view the available test dates and time for an exam via the online registration system, students should follow these steps.
- Pick the campus testing center an appointment is to be made at
- Alpharetta Testing Center
- Clarkston Testing Center
- Decatur Testing Center
- Dunwoody Testing Center
- Newton Testing Center
- Pick the exam type to take under Choose an exam type. Registering for a Math Placement exam, for example, will start under the header “ACCUPLACER and Math Placement”.
- Follow the navigation to Choose an Exam Group. This may need to be done multiple times, so read the choice options carefully. Once all of the choices have been made, the final option will be Choose an Exam allowing the user to select an exam to register for. Georgia State University students and applicants unclear as to which exam to take should consult admissions (if testing for admissions) or advising.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at the campus chosen.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate students’ schedules. After completing the above steps, students may complete a registration for any open date and time by providing the remaining information that the system will ask for:
- Providing the examinee’s name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing any additional information asked for (varies by exam).