Perimeter College test center location appointments:
Students, applicants and others need to make an appointment for ACCUPLACER testing (admissions testing, departmental math placement, public safety testing, etc).
As Georgia State University is currently closed to students and the public through the end of the semester, please be aware that we will be unable to test during this time. Please see Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information regarding the University and any changes that may take place.
TEAS update (03/19/2020) – Students should contact ATI customer care to reschedule their dates; please note that Georgia State University will not open back up to students and the public until the end of the semester.
ACCUPLACER, MATH PLACEMENT update (04/23/2020) – While the university is closed, students and applicants can take the exam virtually through Examity if they meet the requirements to do so. Examity is now taking appointments again. Applicants and students may request an Examity exam setup for them through our registration pages –
- Once you make the request, you will be added manually to an ACCUPLACER remote session. This does not happen automatically, but will be done in order of receipt of the request. You will also receive an email ‘receipt’ from the RegisterBlast registration system confirming that your request has been made.
- You will receive an email with a code, called a “Voucher Number” from the ACCUPLACER platform. This code is used to launch your exam.
- The ACCUPLACER email will include a link for Examity. You will need to set up and account with Examity to be able to make an appointment with them.
- Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support
- After testing, your scores will be posted to your record in 24-48 hours (with the exception of weekends), your next step would be to check the Admissions checklist or to reach out to your advisor
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
If you live out of state and have local institutions that can proctor the ACCUPLACER exams, we may be able to set a ‘remote exam’ at that location for you there as well. Please contact us via email with your Panther ID#, your location and where you are trying to have a remote exam set up.
History & Constitution Exams update (04/01/2020) – In collaboration with the History and Political Science department, we offering a version of the exam that can be taken virtually. You may register for a section at our registration pages – Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus
All other On Campus Testing Update (03/19/2020) – We are unable to give other exams as things currently stand. We can reschedule exams once we have a re-opening date. More information to come.
There is a $20 fee for testing for entry or placement out of Learning Support for Georgia State University Perimeter College. Math placement is for students, admitted to Georgia State University who are eligible to take MATH 1001 with no corequisite support, to place into MATH 1111 or beyond. There is currently no fee assessed for the first test, but retests are $20. Students who are not testing for Georgia State University (P.O.S.T., testing for another institution, etc.) pay $50.
Note: Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Perimeter College testing centers do not accept test fees. The Cashier Window closes at 5:15 p.m. Individuals taking a test after 5 p.m. should arrive on campus prior to the close of business to pay for the test before the Cashier’s office closes.
How to use the Online Registration system
To view the available test dates and time for an exam via the online registration system, students should follow these steps.
- Pick the campus testing center an appointment is to be made at
- Alpharetta Testing Center
- Clarkston Testing Center
- Decatur Testing Center
- Dunwoody Testing Center
- Newton Testing Center
- Pick the exam type to take under Choose an exam type. Registering for a Math Placement exam, for example, will start under the header “ACCUPLACER and Math Placement”.
- Follow the navigation to Choose an Exam Group. This may need to be done multiple times, so read the choice options carefully. Once all of the choices have been made, the final option will be Choose an Exam allowing the user to select an exam to register for. Georgia State University students and applicants unclear as to which exam to take should consult admissions (if testing for admissions) or advising.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at the campus chosen.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate students’ schedules. After completing the above steps, students may complete a registration for any open date and time by providing the remaining information that the system will ask for:
- Providing the examinee’s name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing any additional information asked for (varies by exam).