Perimeter College test center location appointments:
Students, applicants and others need to make an appointment for ACCUPLACER testing (admissions testing, departmental math placement, public safety testing, etc).
Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
On-Campus Testing update (08/28/2020)
Schedules are now available for limited face-to-face, on campus testing on each campus. Staffing will be to student demand and built around strategic concerns regarding density of students on campus. To this end, please note:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We will reopen as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus. We will not be testing every day of the week at this time, but working both on campus and virtually.
- Our focus to begin with will center on exams that cannot be taken virtually, like MAT, TEAS, or CLEP.
- Students with appointments cancelled during the closure should email the campus of their appointment to reschedule to an open date or time for their exam to be proctored.
- TEAS – Examinees should contact ATI customer care to register for or reschedule their dates; Atlanta and Dunwoody campuses have opened up limited TEAS testing seats.
- ACCUPLACER, Math Placement, CLEP, DSST, MAT, Independent Studies or Proctoring Services – Examinees should check for our schedules online Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus by picking the On Campus Exams option, and then choosing their testing groups until they get to the exam they want.
- Prometric Exams (including GACE) we are testing through our Prometric lab again, check your test vendor’s website for directions on how to register.
Virtual Exams update (8/28/2020)
Due to limited seating, virtual exams for ACCUPLACER, Math Placement and History and Constitution are still being offered in a virtual environment. This may be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus by picking Virtual Exams (online) and following the exam groups to your exam. Please note that Math Placement is offered through the ACCUPLACER platform.
- ACCUPLACER, MATH PLACEMENT – Students and applicants can take the exam virtually through Examity if they meet the requirements to do so. Applicants and students may request an Examity exam setup for them through our registration pages –
- Once you make the request, you will be added manually to an ACCUPLACER remote session. This does not happen automatically, but will be done in order of receipt of the request. You will also receive an email ‘receipt’ from the RegisterBlast registration system confirming that your request has been made.
- You will receive an email with a code, called a “Voucher Number” from the ACCUPLACER platform. This code is used to launch your exam.
- The ACCUPLACER email will include a link for Examity. You will need to set up and account with Examity to be able to make an appointment with them.
- Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- After testing, your scores will be posted to your record in 24-48 hours (with the exception of weekends), your next step would be to check the Admissions checklist or to reach out to your advisor.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus. Please pick the “Virtual Exam Request” and “WebEx Proctoring for ACCUPLACER and Math Placement”. Additionally Dunwoody may have space available – email first at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- History & Constitution Exams update (04/01/2020) – In collaboration with the History and Political Science department, we are offering a version of the exam that can be taken virtually.
Rescheduling Update (8/25/2020) As campuses create schedules for re-opening, if you wish to reschedule exams that were cancelled due to the shut-down of campuses due to COVID-19, please contact the campus you registered at via the emails below.
There is a $20 fee for testing for entry or placement out of Learning Support for Georgia State University Perimeter College. Math placement is for students, admitted to Georgia State University who are eligible to take MATH 1001 with no corequisite support, to place into MATH 1111 or beyond. There is currently no fee assessed for the first test, but retests are $20. Students who are not testing for Georgia State University (P.O.S.T., testing for another institution, etc.) pay $50.
Note: Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Perimeter College testing centers do not accept test fees directly. Appointments should be made before paying fees through the online portal link, as some fees are processed at the time of your registration for your appointment. All other Fees should be paid online via our online fee portal. Please read the information and then click the “Testing Fees” box to enter the portal. You will see the current fees displayed at the top of this second page. To choose your which exam you have made an appointment for, and thus pay the relevant fees, scroll down and click “Add to Cart”. You would only need to change the amount if you are taking multiples of the same test (say two CLEP exams). Continue by providing the information asked for. For a quick overview of using the portal, please review “How to use the Testing Fee Portal”.
Examinees unable to pay their fees online should contact the campus before making appointment to see if alternatives are available.
How to use the Online Registration system
To view the available test dates and time for an exam via the online registration system, students should follow these steps.
- Pick the campus testing center an appointment is to be made at
- Alpharetta Testing Center
- Clarkston Testing Center
- Decatur Testing Center
- Dunwoody Testing Center
- Newton Testing Center
- Pick the exam type to take under Choose an exam type. Registering for a Math Placement exam, for example, will start under the header “ACCUPLACER and Math Placement”.
- Follow the navigation to Choose an Exam Group. This may need to be done multiple times, so read the choice options carefully. Once all of the choices have been made, the final option will be Choose an Exam allowing the user to select an exam to register for. Georgia State University students and applicants unclear as to which exam to take should consult admissions (if testing for admissions) or advising.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at the campus chosen.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate students’ schedules. After completing the above steps, students may complete a registration for any open date and time by providing the remaining information that the system will ask for:
- Providing the examinee’s name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing any additional information asked for (varies by exam).