Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
Testing update (03/17/2021):
On campus testing is available at all campus locations.
All registrations or requests should be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus. Exams are broken into groups and categories, please follow the appropriate exam groups to your exam to register.
Please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We are open as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus.
Regarding Virtual Exams:
- Requests for a virtual test voucher code to launch an exam can be made using the Campus registrations sites listed above, pick “Virtual exams (Online)” instead of “On Campus Exams”
- Please note that virtual appointment request are processed by hand. Requests are processed in the order they are received.
- For ACCUPLACER exams (admissions and Math Placement) proctored through Examity, candidates should check that they meet Examity’s requirements to test. Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services. Georgia State University has no control over this.
- Candidates requesting ACCUPLACER testing with Examity should receive one email immediately confirming the request was sent from the RegisterBlast platform. When the request is processed an email from ACCUPLACER with the voucher code used to make an appointment with Examity and to launch the proper exams.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus.
- For History & Constitution Exams – If you do not have the equipment to complete this exam at home, please email the campus to see about on-campus testing. Note standard proctoring fees will apply for on-campus testing.
Proctoring for non-Georgia State University programs
Testing Services may be able to assist students from institutions other than Georgia State University who need a local proctor.
- There is a $50 fee per test at Alpharetta, Clarkston, Decatur, Dunwoody and Newton campuses.
- This service is offered at Atlanta campus, but the fee and scheduling is not the same as listed on this page.
To request an appointment, non-Georgia State students should follow these steps.
- Pick the campus testing center an appointment is to be made at
- Alpharetta Testing Center
- Clarkston Testing Center
- Decatur Testing Center
- Dunwoody Testing Center
- Newton Testing Center
- Pick “Proctoring Services & Independent Studies” as the exam type under Choose an exam type.
- Pick the “Proctored Exam” exam to be taken under Choose an Exam Group.
- Provide the examinee’s name and email.
- Read and acknowledge the guidelines.
- Provide any additional information asked for about your exam requested – including contact information for the institution or organization while the exam is for.
Once these steps are taken, the testing center will contact you regarding the request. Any documents our proctors need to fill out for the institution or organization can be transmitted. Once a date and time for an appointment is finalized, an appointment will be made through RegisterBlast and a confirmation email will be sent out regarding the appointment.
Proctoring for Georgia State University online courses
Testing collaborates with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) and Perimeter College Mathematics and Science Departments. Consequently, information for online proctoring for Perimeter College students comes from the Perimeter College departments.
Atlanta campus does not proctor exams for Georgia State University online courses. Therefore, Georgia State University students should visit the CETL for information. As a result, CETL’s proctored lab is the source for inquiries if there is an issue with an appointment.
Finding a test proctoring provider
Georgia State students needing an out of area proctor can use the National College Testing Association membership to find locations. Students in the University System of Georgia e-core program should check their network of administrators.