The Center for Mindfulness
Mindfulness is paying attention to the present moment, on purpose, without needing it to be any other way. In other words, it’s living with an intention, to purposefully pay attention to the present, with an attitude of curiosity and kindness. Living mindfully allows for greater well-being of mind and body. Mindfulness is developed through the practice of mindfulness meditation.
The Center for Mindfulness, offers classes, groups, workshops and retreats to teach and support the cultivation of mindfulness.
Practicing mindfulness meditation can help you:
- Stress less
- Sleep well
- Relax on demand
- Focus better when reading, writing and listening to lectures
- Tame your inner critic
- Develop greater trust in yourself
- Be less confused and distracted by all the random thoughts that pop into your mind
- Build resilience
- Feel good
- And be well, so you can do well!
Space to Breathe – A one-hour mindfulness class
Weekly Class Times:
- Mondays at 4 p.m.
- Tuesdays at 3 p.m.
- Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
- Thursdays at 10 a.m.
*Attending 6 sessions in a row is highly encouraged. Please see the Mind-Body calendar for additional class times.
Mindfulness Practice Sessions – These will help you to maintain a regular meditation practice and deepen the benefits in your life.
- 20-minute Chill Meditation (Focus, Calm, Clarity, Resilience)
- 20-minute Feel Good Meditation (Care, Compassion, Gratitude)
- 45-minute Moving Meditation (Gentle Stretching for Calm, Emotional Regulation, Grounded Attention)
Please see our updated calendar for upcoming courses and availability: Center for Mindfulness calendar. All sessions require registration. Please be sure to let us know you’re coming.
For more information on mind-body services, contact Lineliz Vassallo, mind-body coordinator at 404-413-1746 or by email.
Follow us on social media to stay connected about upcoming events!