The Testing Center provides a wide range of testing services to the Georgia State University community. Services include, but are not limited to, online testing, independent learning, placement testing, national and university standardized tests, professional development certifications and test scoring and scanning for university faculty.
Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
Testing update (03/17/2021):
On campus testing is available at all campus locations.
All registrations or requests should be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus. Exams are broken into groups and categories, please follow the appropriate exam groups to your exam to register.
Please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We are open as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus.
Regarding Virtual Exams:
- Requests for a virtual test voucher code to launch an exam can be made using the Campus registrations sites listed above, pick “Virtual exams (Online)” instead of “On Campus Exams”
- Please note that virtual appointment request are processed by hand. Requests are processed in the order they are received.
- For ACCUPLACER exams (admissions and Math Placement) proctored through Examity, candidates should check that they meet Examity’s requirements to test. Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services. Georgia State University has no control over this.
- Candidates requesting ACCUPLACER testing with Examity should receive one email immediately confirming the request was sent from the RegisterBlast platform. When the request is processed an email from ACCUPLACER with the voucher code used to make an appointment with Examity and to launch the proper exams.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus.
- For History & Constitution Exams – If you do not have the equipment to complete this exam at home, please email the campus to see about on-campus testing. Note standard proctoring fees will apply for on-campus testing.
With the exception of distance learning exams and make-up exams, appointments must be made through the online registration system. When using electronic devices for directions to the Testing Center at Atlanta campus, the address is 75 Piedmont Ave, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303. Leaving the N.E. designation out of the search will lead to the wrong location.
Please note: Perimeter College students should refer to Perimeter College Testing Services for services on those sites as well as links to each campuses Registration system for appointments.
Director of Testing, all campuses
LaTrease Myles, M.Ed.
Assistant Director of Testing Service, Atlanta, Decatur, Newton
Lori L. Payne
Assistant Director of Testing Services, Dunwoody, Clarkston, Alpharetta
Administrative Coordinator, Newton
Coordinator of Testing Services, Alpharetta
Jason M. Gladman
Coordinator of Testing Services, Clarkston
Coordinator of Testing Services, Decatur