The Testing Center provides a wide range of testing services to the Georgia State University community. Services include, but are not limited to, online testing, independent learning, placement testing, national and university standardized tests, professional development certifications and test scoring and scanning for university faculty.
As Georgia State University is currently closed to students and the public through the end of the semester, please be aware that we will be unable to test during this time. Please see Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information regarding the University and any changes that may take place.
TEAS update (03/19/2020) – Students should contact ATI customer care to reschedule their dates; please note that Georgia State University will not open back up to students and the public until the end of the semester.
ACCUPLACER, MATH PLACEMENT update (04/23/2020) – While the university is closed, students and applicants can take the exam virtually through Examity if they meet the requirements to do so. Examity is now taking appointments again. Applicants and students may request an Examity exam setup for them through our registration pages –
- Once you make the request, you will be added manually to an ACCUPLACER remote session. This does not happen automatically, but will be done in order of receipt of the request. You will also receive an email ‘receipt’ from the RegisterBlast registration system confirming that your request has been made.
- You will receive an email with a code, called a “Voucher Number” from the ACCUPLACER platform. This code is used to launch your exam.
- The ACCUPLACER email will include a link for Examity. You will need to set up and account with Examity to be able to make an appointment with them.
- Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support
- After testing, your scores will be posted to your record in 24-48 hours (with the exception of weekends), your next step would be to check the Admissions checklist or to reach out to your advisor
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
If you live out of state and have local institutions that can proctor the ACCUPLACER exams, we may be able to set a ‘remote exam’ at that location for you there as well. Please contact us via email with your Panther ID#, your location and where you are trying to have a remote exam set up.
History & Constitution Exams update (04/01/2020) – In collaboration with the History and Political Science department, we offering a version of the exam that can be taken virtually. You may register for a section at our registration pages – Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus
All other On Campus Testing Update (03/19/2020) – We are unable to give other exams as things currently stand. We can reschedule exams once we have a re-opening date. More information to come.
With the exception of distance learning exams and make-up exams, tests must be registered through the online registration process. When using electronic devices for directions to the Testing Center at Atlanta campus, the address is 75 Piedmont Ave, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303. Leaving the N.E. designation out of the search will lead to the wrong location.
Please note: Perimeter College students should refer to Perimeter College Testing Services for services on those sights as well as the ACCUPLACER and Math Placement walk-in schedules.
Director of Testing, all campuses
LaTrease Myles, M.Ed.
Assistant Director of Testing Service, Atlanta, Decatur, Newton
Lori L. Payne
Assistant Director of Testing Services, Dunwoody, Clarkston, Alpharetta
Deatrice Allen Willis, Ed.D, MBA
Coordinator of Testing Services, Newton
Coordinator of Testing Services, Alpharetta
Jason M. Gladman
Coordinator of Testing Services, Clarkston
Coordinator of Testing Services, Decatur