The Testing Center provides a wide range of testing services to the Georgia State University community. Services include, but are not limited to, online testing, independent learning, placement testing, national and university standardized tests, professional development certifications and test scoring and scanning for university faculty.
Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
On-Campus Testing update (08/28/2020)
Schedules are now available for limited face-to-face, on campus testing on each campus. Staffing will be to student demand and built around strategic concerns regarding density of students on campus. To this end, please note:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We will reopen as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus. We will not be testing every day of the week at this time, but working both on campus and virtually.
- Our focus to begin with will center on exams that cannot be taken virtually, like MAT, TEAS, or CLEP.
- Students with appointments cancelled during the closure should email the campus of their appointment to reschedule to an open date or time for their exam to be proctored.
- TEAS – Examinees should contact ATI customer care to register for or reschedule their dates; Atlanta and Dunwoody campuses have opened up limited TEAS testing seats.
- ACCUPLACER, Math Placement, CLEP, DSST, MAT, Independent Studies or Proctoring Services – Examinees should check for our schedules online Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus by picking the On Campus Exams option, and then choosing their testing groups until they get to the exam they want.
- Prometric Exams (including GACE) we are testing through our Prometric lab again, check your test vendor’s website for directions on how to register.
Virtual Exams update (8/28/2020)
Due to limited seating, virtual exams for ACCUPLACER, Math Placement and History and Constitution are still being offered in a virtual environment. This may be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus by picking Virtual Exams (online) and following the exam groups to your exam. Please note that Math Placement is offered through the ACCUPLACER platform.
- ACCUPLACER, MATH PLACEMENT – Students and applicants can take the exam virtually through Examity if they meet the requirements to do so. Applicants and students may request an Examity exam setup for them through our registration pages –
- Once you make the request, you will be added manually to an ACCUPLACER remote session. This does not happen automatically, but will be done in order of receipt of the request. You will also receive an email ‘receipt’ from the RegisterBlast registration system confirming that your request has been made.
- You will receive an email with a code, called a “Voucher Number” from the ACCUPLACER platform. This code is used to launch your exam.
- The ACCUPLACER email will include a link for Examity. You will need to set up and account with Examity to be able to make an appointment with them.
- Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- After testing, your scores will be posted to your record in 24-48 hours (with the exception of weekends), your next step would be to check the Admissions checklist or to reach out to your advisor.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus. Please pick the “Virtual Exam Request” and “WebEx Proctoring for ACCUPLACER and Math Placement”. Additionally Dunwoody may have space available – email first at email@example.com.
- History & Constitution Exams update (04/01/2020) – In collaboration with the History and Political Science department, we are offering a version of the exam that can be taken virtually.
Rescheduling Update (8/25/2020) As campuses create schedules for re-opening, if you wish to reschedule exams that were cancelled due to the shut-down of campuses due to COVID-19, please contact the campus you registered at via the emails below.
With the exception of distance learning exams and make-up exams, appointments must be made through the online registration system. When using electronic devices for directions to the Testing Center at Atlanta campus, the address is 75 Piedmont Ave, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303. Leaving the N.E. designation out of the search will lead to the wrong location.
Please note: Perimeter College students should refer to Perimeter College Testing Services for services on those sites as well as links to each campuses Registration system for appointments.
Director of Testing, all campuses
LaTrease Myles, M.Ed.
Assistant Director of Testing Service, Atlanta, Decatur, Newton
Lori L. Payne
Assistant Director of Testing Services, Dunwoody, Clarkston, Alpharetta
Administrative Coordinator, Newton
Coordinator of Testing Services, Alpharetta
Jason M. Gladman
Coordinator of Testing Services, Clarkston
Coordinator of Testing Services, Decatur