Taking ACCUPLACER at Georgia State University is not the same for every campus. The information below is intended to direct applicants to Georgia State University to find the information for taking the ACCUPLACER exam. Note that exams taken on the non-Atlanta Campuses currently have a different process for taking the exam.
As Georgia State University is currently closed to students and the public through the end of the semester, please be aware that we will be unable to test during this time. Please see Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information regarding the University and any changes that may take place.
TEAS update (03/19/2020) – Students should contact ATI customer care to reschedule their dates; please note that Georgia State University will not open back up to students and the public until the end of the semester.
ACCUPLACER, MATH PLACEMENT update (04/23/2020) – While the university is closed, students and applicants can take the exam virtually through Examity if they meet the requirements to do so. Examity is now taking appointments again. Applicants and students may request an Examity exam setup for them through our registration pages –
- Once you make the request, you will be added manually to an ACCUPLACER remote session. This does not happen automatically, but will be done in order of receipt of the request. You will also receive an email ‘receipt’ from the RegisterBlast registration system confirming that your request has been made.
- You will receive an email with a code, called a “Voucher Number” from the ACCUPLACER platform. This code is used to launch your exam.
- The ACCUPLACER email will include a link for Examity. You will need to set up and account with Examity to be able to make an appointment with them.
- Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support
- After testing, your scores will be posted to your record in 24-48 hours (with the exception of weekends), your next step would be to check the Admissions checklist or to reach out to your advisor
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
If you live out of state and have local institutions that can proctor the ACCUPLACER exams, we may be able to set a ‘remote exam’ at that location for you there as well. Please contact us via email with your Panther ID#, your location and where you are trying to have a remote exam set up.
History & Constitution Exams update (04/01/2020) – In collaboration with the History and Political Science department, we offering a version of the exam that can be taken virtually. You may register for a section at our registration pages – Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus
All other On Campus Testing Update (03/19/2020) – We are unable to give other exams as things currently stand. We can reschedule exams once we have a re-opening date. More information to come.
A Panther ID is required to register for this exam. If the application is recent, the Panther ID number may not yet be available. Applicants should register for an exam once their Panther ID is available.
ACCUPLACER assessments include reading, writing and mathematics. The number of sections an applicant is required to take is determined by Admissions upon review of application and transcript material. Please contact Admissions at 404-413-2500 for assistance.
For admitted students trying to take an exam to improve course placement in mathematics, please see the Math Placement page.
Please note: Online registration for ACCUPLACER on this site is for nontraditional applicants to Georgia State University 4-year programs only. To take the ACCUPLACER exam at the Atlanta campus for non-Georgia State University purposes, please schedule an exam through our proctoring services. Registrants who are not applicants to Georgia State University will not receive a refund of the registration fee.
To view the available test dates and time via the exam registration system applicants must:
- Pick ACCUPLACER exam under Choose an exam type.
- As we may have ACCUPLACER exams proctored at different locations, there may be multiple ACCUPLACER exams listed under Choose an exam.. For example Georgia State University ACCUPLACER @ 75 Piedmont is given at the Counseling and Testing Center's office while Georgia State University ACCUPLACER @ Urban Life MILE will be in the MILE lab in the Urban Life building. The address for the registration will be on the confirmation email.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at Atlanta Campus.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate applicants' schedules. After completing the above steps, applicants may complete a registration for any open date and time by:
- Providing the student's name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing a Phone number and Georgia State University Panther ID Number.
The testing fee of $28 is payable at the time of registration. The testing fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Once registration dates and times are confirmed, if the test taker cannot attend on the selected date and time, fees will not be refunded, nor will the registration date be transferred.
Candidates should bring one valid government issued identification with photo, such as a driver’s license, passport or permanent resident, state or military identification card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
For further information, contact us via our email address or call LaTrease Myles at 404-413-1963.