Taking ACCUPLACER at Georgia State University is not the same for every campus. The information below is intended to direct applicants to Georgia State University to find the information for taking the ACCUPLACER exam. Note that exams taken on the non-Atlanta Campuses currently have a different process for taking the exam.
Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
Testing update (03/17/2021):
On campus testing is available at all campus locations.
All registrations or requests should be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus. Exams are broken into groups and categories, please follow the appropriate exam groups to your exam to register.
Please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We are open as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus.
Regarding Virtual Exams:
- Requests for a virtual test voucher code to launch an exam can be made using the Campus registrations sites listed above, pick “Virtual exams (Online)” instead of “On Campus Exams”
- Please note that virtual appointment request are processed by hand. Requests are processed in the order they are received.
- For ACCUPLACER exams (admissions and Math Placement) proctored through Examity, candidates should check that they meet Examity’s requirements to test. Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services. Georgia State University has no control over this.
- Candidates requesting ACCUPLACER testing with Examity should receive one email immediately confirming the request was sent from the RegisterBlast platform. When the request is processed an email from ACCUPLACER with the voucher code used to make an appointment with Examity and to launch the proper exams.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus.
- For History & Constitution Exams – If you do not have the equipment to complete this exam at home, please email the campus to see about on-campus testing. Note standard proctoring fees will apply for on-campus testing.
A Panther ID is required to register for this exam. If the application is recent, the Panther ID number may not yet be available. Applicants should register for an exam once their Panther ID is available.
ACCUPLACER assessments include reading, writing and mathematics. The number of sections an applicant is required to take is determined by Admissions upon review of application and transcript material. Please contact Admissions at 404-413-2500 for assistance.
For admitted students trying to take an exam to improve course placement in mathematics, please see the Math Placement page.
Please note: Online registration for ACCUPLACER on this site is for nontraditional applicants to Georgia State University 4-year programs only. To take the ACCUPLACER exam at the Atlanta campus for non-Georgia State University purposes, please schedule an exam through our proctoring services. Registrants who are not applicants to Georgia State University will not receive a refund of the registration fee.
To view the available test dates and time via the exam registration system applicants must:
- Pick ACCUPLACER exam under Choose an exam type.
- As we may have ACCUPLACER exams proctored at different locations, there may be multiple ACCUPLACER exams listed under Choose an exam.. For example Georgia State University ACCUPLACER @ 75 Piedmont is given at the Counseling and Testing Center's office while Georgia State University ACCUPLACER @ Urban Life MILE will be in the MILE lab in the Urban Life building. The address for the registration will be on the confirmation email.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at Atlanta Campus.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate applicants' schedules. After completing the above steps, applicants may complete a registration for any open date and time by:
- Providing the student's name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing a Phone number and Georgia State University Panther ID Number.
The testing fee of $28 is payable at the time of registration. The testing fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Once registration dates and times are confirmed, if the test taker cannot attend on the selected date and time, fees will not be refunded, nor will the registration date be transferred.
Candidates should bring one valid government issued identification with photo, such as a driver’s license, passport or permanent resident, state or military identification card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
For further information, contact us via our email address or call LaTrease Myles at 404-413-1963.