The COMPASS college placement test has been discontinued by ACT as of November 30, 2016. The University System of Georgia has adopted ACCUPLACER as its admissions and placement test.
ACCUPLACER Testing at the Atlanta campus is by appointment only. There is no walk-in testing at this location. Online registration for ACCUPLACER on this site is for nontraditional applicants to Georgia State University only. To take the ACCUPLACER exam at the Atlanta campus for non-Georgia State University purposes, please schedule an exam through our proctoring services or distance learning. Registrants who are not applicants to Georgia State University will not receive a refund of the registration fee.
A Panther ID is required to register for this exam. If the application is recent, the Panther ID number may not yet be available. Applicants should register for an exam once their Panther ID is available.
ACCUPLACER assessments include reading, writing and mathematics. The number of sections an applicant is required to take is determined by Admissions upon review of application and transcript material. Please contact Admissions at 404-413-2500 for assistance.
For admitted students trying to take an exam to improve course placement in mathematics, please see the Math Placement page.
Registering for the Test
Applicants must register online for a testing appointment.
To view the available test dates and time via the exam registration system applicants must:
- Pick an ACCUPLACER exam under Choose an exam type. As we may have ACCUPLACER exams proctored at different locations, there may be multiple ACCUPLACER exams listed. For example ACCUPLACER @ 75 Piedmont is given at the Counseling and Testing Center’s office while ACCUPLACER @ Urban Life MILE will be in the MILE lab in the Urban Life building. The address of where you register at will be on your confirmation email.
- Pick Georgia State University ACCUPLACER under Choose an exam.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at Atlanta Campus.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate applicants’ schedules. After completing the above steps, applicants may complete a registration for any open date and time by:
- Providing the student’s name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing a Phone number and Georgia State University Panther ID Number.
The testing fee of $28 is payable at the time of registration. The testing fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Once registration dates and times are confirmed, if the test taker cannot attend on the selected date and time, fees will not be refunded, nor will the registration date be transferred.
Candidates should bring one valid government issued identification with photo, such as a driver’s license, passport or permanent resident, state or military identification card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
For further information, contact us via our email address or call Richard Walker at 404-413-1736 or LaTrease Myles at 404-413-1963.