Chem Placement

Any student who needs to take CHEM 1211K must either exempt or take the placement exam to be able to register for the course. Information about CHEM 1211K course and the exemption criteria can be found on the Chemistry Department’s webpage.

Before requesting to take the exam
The Department of Chemistry will no longer be using a seperate Chemistry placement exam as a prerequisite for CHEM 1211K starting in the Fall Semester of 2019. Please see the Chemistry Department’s webpage for details on this change. They will begin using the Math Placement score for placement.

How to request to take the exam
Please register for Math Placement on our RegisterBlast site. Most Chemistry students will be taking this exam already.

Students can use the exam registration system to:

  • Pick a Math Placement exam under Choose an exam type. As we may have Math Placement exams proctored at different locations, there may be multiple Math Placement exams listed. For example Math Placement @ 75 Piedmont is given at the Counseling and Testing Center’s office while Math Placement @ Urban Life MILE will be in the MILE lab in the Urban Life building. The address of the registration will be on the confirmation email.
  • Pick Math Placement under Choose an exam.
  • Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at Atlanta Campus.

Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate students’ schedules. After completing the above steps, students may complete a registration for any open date and time by:

  • Providing the student’s name and email.
  • Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
  • Providing a Phone number and Georgia State University Panther ID Number.

For questions about the exam, see our Math Placement exam. For questions about the transition, please see the Chemistry Department’s webpage.