Georgia State University serves as a national test center for CLEP. All CLEP exams (with the exception of essays portions) are administered on the computer.
Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
Testing update (03/17/2021):
On campus testing is available at all campus locations.
All registrations or requests should be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus. Exams are broken into groups and categories, please follow the appropriate exam groups to your exam to register.
Please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We are open as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus.
Regarding Virtual Exams:
- Requests for a virtual test voucher code to launch an exam can be made using the Campus registrations sites listed above, pick “Virtual exams (Online)” instead of “On Campus Exams”
- Please note that virtual appointment request are processed by hand. Requests are processed in the order they are received.
- For ACCUPLACER exams (admissions and Math Placement) proctored through Examity, candidates should check that they meet Examity’s requirements to test. Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services. Georgia State University has no control over this.
- Candidates requesting ACCUPLACER testing with Examity should receive one email immediately confirming the request was sent from the RegisterBlast platform. When the request is processed an email from ACCUPLACER with the voucher code used to make an appointment with Examity and to launch the proper exams.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus.
- For History & Constitution Exams – If you do not have the equipment to complete this exam at home, please email the campus to see about on-campus testing. Note standard proctoring fees will apply for on-campus testing.
How to take a College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exam
Registering for a CLEP exam is a two-step process:
- Register for each CLEP exam that a student wishes through the College Board.
- Register online for each CLEP exam a student wishes to take at the Georgia State University Counseling and Testing Center. The registration with the College Board must be completed first.
Since policies regarding CLEP credits differ at various institutions, candidates should verify which tests are accepted by their institution. Scores are reported to the school(s) designated as the recipient(s) in approximately two to three weeks. (Score reporting for exams that include an essay might take one to two weeks longer.)
Georgia State University students should review the Georgia State University CLEP Policy for Approved CLEP Exams to determine which exams are approved for related courses and the CLEP exams offered through Georgia State University.
Please note: CLEP grades will not affect a student’s G.P.A.
On Test Day
This CLEP testing location is part of the Georgia State University Counseling and Testing Center and is located at 75 Piedmont Ave, N.E., Suite 200A, Atlanta, GA 30303. Refer to the Georgia State University campus map. The building is at the intersection of Piedmont Avenue and John Wesley Dobbs Avenue.
Bring a printed copy of the College Board confirmation on test day. Electronic versions (e.g., on phones, pads, etc.) will not be accepted. Completed registration and fee payments with both the College Board for each CLEP exam and Counseling and Testing Center for each appointment are required to be able to test.
For questions concerning registration or taking CLEP exams at Georgia State University, please contact our email address or LaTrease Myles at 404-413-1963.
Please note: Questions regarding processing of AP, IB and CLEP exams scores at Georgia State University should be directed to Greg Embry, Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. For currently enrolled students, please contact your academic advisor to discuss how these credits will apply to your degree and to consult with them prior to registering for a CLEP exam.