Additional CLEP Registration Information
Test Registration Fees
The fee for each CLEP test must be made in two payments:
- The first fee, for the test, is made online through CLEP’s My Account Portal. The printed registration verification must be provided on the test date. Current CLEP Exam Fee, as of July 1, 2019, is $89.
- The administration fee is $28 and is nonrefundable and nontransferable. (i.e., If the test date is postponed, the student must re-register and repay the administration fee.) This portion must be paid when registering online and is payable with a credit or debit card or electronic check. The CLEP ticket number received when completing the first part of the registration process is required to complete this part
Please Note: Effective July 1, 2019, the new CLEP exam fee is $89.
Test Times and Dates
CLEP exams are given year round but are posted in three-month increments. Remember that registrations fee are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Exams cannot be rescheduled. The only way an exam date and time can be changed is by re-registering and repaying the registration fee. Please be certain of the selected date and time prior to registering to avoid the re-registration fee.
To view the available test dates and time via the exam registration system applicants must:
- Pick CLEP exam under Choose an exam type.
- Pick the CLEP exams you wish to take under Choose an exam.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at Atlanta Campus.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate applicants’ schedules. After completing the above steps, applicants may complete a registration for any open date and time by:
- Providing the student’s name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing a street address, city, zip code, birthdate, phone number and CLEP ticket number (received when registered online through CLEP’s My Account Portal).
Georgia State University students are also encouraged to consult with their academic advisor before registering for a CLEP exam.
Students who need to take the optional essay portion of an exam must register online and would repeat the registration as outlined above after registering for their CLEP exam. The optional essay portion has a $28 fee and must be paid online during registration. For example, if a student needs to take American Literature with the optional essay portion, they will need to sign up for both the objective portion and the essay portion at different testing sessions. The fees for American Literature will be a $28 registration fee and a $28 optional essay fee (at time of registration). The only exception to this requirement is College Composition. There is no extra fee for this exam.
The two exams (objective and optional essay) must be taken in different testing sessions but can be taken on the same day, space permitting. Students registering for more than one test will be required to pay the full fee for each exam.
Candidates must wait a minimum of six months to retake a CLEP exam.
For assistance with questions about registration for CLEP, contact LaTrease Myles at 404-413-1736.