Proctor Services at Georgia State University
The Counseling and Testing Center offers individual proctoring services for those engaged in distance learning, or for other assessments and certifications on an appointment basis, with appointments typically scheduled to begin either at 9 a.m. or 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. Office hours for proctoring services are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. At this time, proctor services are not offered in the evening or on weekends. The Testing office staff proctor both paper based and computer based exams. The proctor fee for exams from U.S. institutions or organizations is $20 per hour, or portion thereof; payment is accepted in the form of money order only, payable at the end of the testing session. The proctor fee for exams from non-U.S. institutions or organizations is $25 per hour or portion thereof.
Please continue to refer to Georgia State University’s COVID-19 site for up to date information from the University.
Testing update (03/17/2021):
On campus testing is available at all campus locations.
All registrations or requests should be done through our campus registration pages at Alpharetta Campus | Atlanta Campus | Clarkston Campus | Decatur Campus | Dunwoody Campus | Newton Campus. Exams are broken into groups and categories, please follow the appropriate exam groups to your exam to register.
Please note the following:
- Masks must be worn at all times. Not only is this required for Georgia State University spaces, due to the nature of proctoring services, and the shape of our spaces, it is impossible to guarantee 6 feet distance at all times from other testers or staff.
- Lockers will still be available, but examinees are highly encouraged to not bring any items to the test center to minimize your need to contact surfaces unnecessarily.
- We are open as an appointment service only. If we schedule tests for a day and no one makes an appointment, we will not open the centers to ensure staff do not add to density on campus.
Regarding Virtual Exams:
- Requests for a virtual test voucher code to launch an exam can be made using the Campus registrations sites listed above, pick “Virtual exams (Online)” instead of “On Campus Exams”
- Please note that virtual appointment request are processed by hand. Requests are processed in the order they are received.
- For ACCUPLACER exams (admissions and Math Placement) proctored through Examity, candidates should check that they meet Examity’s requirements to test. Please note that every exam proctored by Examity has a fee associated with their services. Georgia State University has no control over this.
- Candidates requesting ACCUPLACER testing with Examity should receive one email immediately confirming the request was sent from the RegisterBlast platform. When the request is processed an email from ACCUPLACER with the voucher code used to make an appointment with Examity and to launch the proper exams.
- Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- if you need to retest, please request a new voucher be set up for you.
- There are a limited number of seats available for proctoring virtually through WebEX at Newton Campus.
- For History & Constitution Exams – If you do not have the equipment to complete this exam at home, please email the campus to see about on-campus testing. Note standard proctoring fees will apply for on-campus testing.
Prior to designating the Counseling and Testing Center location or having test materials sent to this office, students should confirm an appointment with the proctor. Proctor arrangements may be made as far in advance as the desired dates for testing are known.
Fees may be paid online via our online fee portal. Note: Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. When using the online Testing Fee Portal, please read the information and then click the “Testing Fees” box to enter the portal. You will see the current fees displayed at the top of this second page. Scroll down and click “Add to Cart”. Be sure to pick “Atlanta Campus” and “Individually proctored exams/Independent Studies fee (Domestic)” or “Individually proctored exams/Independent Studies fee (International)” so that the correct fee is assessed. If your test is more than one hour, make sure the “Quantity” of your order matches the number of hours you need. If your test is 2 hours, your quantity would be “2”. Continue by providing the information asked for. For a quick overview of using the portal, please review “How to use the Testing Fee Portal”.
Examinees unable to pay their fees online should contact the campus before making appointment to see if alternatives are available.
Counseling and Testing Center is located at 75 Piedmont Ave, N.E., Suite 200A, Atlanta, GA 30303, on the southeast corner of the intersection of Piedmont Ave, N.E. and John Wesley Dobbs Ave., N.E. Upon arrival, candidates should inform staff at the Counseling and Testing Center reception desk that they are taking a proctored exam, so that the staff may provide appropriate directions to the Testing office.
Please contact the Testing Center to arrange appointment dates and times.
Georgia State University online students are not proctored through the Counseling and Testing Center; instead they schedule exams and are proctored through the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning’s proctored lab for online exams
Parking and Transit Options
Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
Two MARTA train stations are near the center, both on the east-west (Georgia State station) and north-south (Peachtree Center station) lines, as well as several bus stops. Visit MARTA for more information to plan an itinerary.
University Visitor Parking and Public Parking
University operated visitor parking is available. Lots or decks not affiliated with Georgia State University are also within the area; prices vary by lot, so consider comparing rates before visiting the center.