Retaking the Math Placement Test
Students must make an appointment to retake the Math Placement exam. Math Placement is no longer offered on a walk in basis.
Registering for the Test
Students must register online for a testing appointment.
To view the available test dates and time via the exam registration system students must:
- Pick a Math Placement exam under Choose an exam type. As we may have Math Placement exams proctored at different locations, there may be multiple Math Placement exams listed. For example Math Placement @ 75 Piedmont is given at the Counseling and Testing Center’s office while Math Placement @ Urban Life MILE will be in the MILE lab in the Urban Life building. The address of the registration will be on the confirmation email.
- Pick Math Placement under Choose an exam.
- Use the Choose a Date and Choose a Time sections to see all of the open dates and times currently available at Atlanta Campus.
Dates and times are added throughout the year to accommodate students’ schedules. After completing the above steps, students may complete a registration for any open date and time by:
- Providing the student’s name and email.
- Reading and acknowledging the guidelines.
- Providing a Phone number and Georgia State University Panther ID Number.
Students should bring the following items on the test date:
- Non-expired photo ID
- Panther ID number
- If retaking the test: There is a %50 retest fee. This can be demonstrated via a registration confirmation showing the retest was paid at the time or registration or receipt of payment via our online fee portal if the fee was not assessed during registration for the appointment. Note: Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If using the online Testing Fee Portal, please read the information and then click the “Testing Fees” box to enter the portal. You will see the current fees displayed at the top of this second page. Scroll down and click “Add to Cart”. Be sure to pick “Atlanta Campus” and “4-Year Math Placement Fee” so that the correct fee is assessed. Continue by providing the information asked for. For a quick overview of using the portal, please review “How to use the Testing Fee Portal”.
Examinees unable to pay their fees online should contact the campus before making appointment to see if alternatives are available.$50 money order (cash, personal checks and credit or debit cards not accepted) made payable to Georgia State University
For more information on the Math Placement exam requirement, contact the University Advisement Center at 404-413-2300 or contact the Mathematics and Statistics Department at 404-413-6400 for questions regarding the math placement requirement.
For further information regarding testing or retesting, dates, times and locations contact us via our email address or call Richard Walker at 404-413-1736 or LaTrease Myles at 404-413-1963.