In a meeting on Tuesday, March 9, 2010, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia removed the requirement that Georgia State University students must take and pass the Regents test.
Students are now exempted from taking the Regents’ Test if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Passed ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102 with a grade of C or better
- SAT-I Verbal scores of at least 510 or ACT Reading scores of at least 23
- AP English scores of at least 3
- IB higher level English scores of at least 4
- SAT-II English Writing scores of at least 650
- SAT I Writing scores of at least 560
- SAT Reasoning, Writing Section Test: 500 for students who also have at least 510 on the SAT Reasoning, Critical Reading Section.
- ACT Combined English and Writing test: 22 for students who also have at least 23 on the ACT Reading Test.
Students at other colleges or universities in Georgia should check with their institution regarding the requirements concerning the Regents test.